Opposite Day Yoga
It’s Opposite Day the Next Generation Yoga way! The Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “Opposite Day Yoga” invites children to put on their thinking caps for an educational and fun-filled adventure of in the wonderful world of opposites.
For fun, this original NGY Lesson Plan begins with Deep Relaxation and ends with a Warm-Up, while featuring an “Opposite Day Yoga” Freeze Day Party and lots of lessons about opposites in an engaging and movement-based way. It contains easy to follow, step-by-step instructions and a rockin’ playlist. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and Senior NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Opposite Day Yoga” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 or 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"