Outer Space Blast Off
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1… Blast off! Journey to the vast unknown with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Outer Space Blast Off!”
This lesson plan is full of fascinating educational facts, theme-specific yoga poses and a special guided visualization. It is sure to stimulate the imagination and sense of exploration for children and adults alike. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Outer Space Blast Off” theme into a Kids Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan cultivates an adventurous spirit in children (and families) while promoting movement-based learning. This lesson plan is a mini-science lesson within a yoga class!
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 9 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!