Outer Space Blast Off
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1… Blast off! Journey to the vast unknown with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Outer Space Blast Off!”
This lesson plan is full of fascinating educational facts, theme-specific yoga poses and a special guided visualization. It is sure to stimulate the imagination and sense of exploration for children and adults alike. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Outer Space Blast Off” theme into a Kids Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan cultivates an adventurous spirit in children (and families) while promoting movement-based learning. This lesson plan is a mini-science lesson within a yoga class!
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!