Yoga is better when we do it together! “Partner Yoga” is a wonderful way for children and adults to connect with each other, receive and give deeper stretches, develop compassion and empathy, increase communication skills, and have fun!
In addition to kid-friendly and developmentally appropriate Yoga poses, the Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Partner Yoga” has an original partner game, breathing exercise and group relaxation pose. Suggestions for how to make “Partner Yoga” safe and comfortable for all are included. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Partner Yoga” theme into a Kids Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan gives children (and families) the experience of connecting and communicating with others through the practice of Yoga. “Partner Yoga” creates and strengthens friendships and family bonds and is fun for ALL ages.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!
There are no reviews yet.