Peace Begins with Me
Peace is everyone getting along. Peace is laughing with friends. Peace is giving someone a hug. Peace is keeping Mother Earth clean. Peace is learning about different countries. These are just some of the messages of peace found in the Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Peace Begins with Me.” This lesson plan will inspire you to take peaceful thoughts, words and actions off the yoga mat and into the world!
The chant “Peace Begins with Me” can be heard throughout this lesson plan as children practice kid-friendly Yoga poses, go on a “peace walk”, dance for peace and engage in a group Yoga peace pose. Complete with musical recommendations, a special breathing exercise and guided visualizations; children will connect to and develop a deeper understanding of this important theme. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Peace Begins with Me” theme into a Kids Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan takes children (and families) on a joyful and thought-provoking journey of finding and sharing peace. The message found within the “Peace Begins with Me” class has the potential to plant a seed for a lifelong practice of peace.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 9 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Family, Feelings, Yoga Philosophy
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"
- New Lessons Every Month,
- Kids & Family Poses,
- Breathing Exercises,
- Relaxation Techniques,
- Playlists & more!
PDF format, just download & print!