Everything in life has a purpose. The purpose of books is to teach us new things, take us to distant lands and make us smile and laugh. The purpose of our lungs is to take in oxygen and help us breathe. The purpose of the Sun is to give us heat, light, vitamins and help our food to grow. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Powerful Purpose” takes kids and families on a journey to explore these purposes and more, including our own powerful life purpose.
“Powerful Purpose,” inspired by Deepak Chopra’s The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, helps children recognize their unique gifts and special talents. Through theme-specific Yoga poses, creative movements, age-appropriate guided visualizations, and opportunities for sharing, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan gives children the space to see how they can offer their special gifts and talents to the world. As always, music suggestions and Family Yoga recommendations are provided, and this Lesson Plan includes detailed instructions on how to incorporate Next Generation Yoga’s favorite prop, a Hoberman Sphere! Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Powerful Purpose” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can implement and learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 10 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Adventure, Feelings, Yoga Philosophy