Deepak Chopra’s Law of Dharma states that everyone has a purpose in life, a unique gift or special talent to share with others. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Powerful Purpose” gives children a chance to explore their Dharma, by connecting to themselves, sharing with others and recognizing the purpose of everything around them. “Powerful Purpose,” inspired by Chopra’s The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, provides a foundation for kids to learn more about who they are and what they want in life. Through empowering Yoga poses, meditations and guided visualizations, children will become aware of their unique gifts and special talents and the importance sharing their purpose with the world. As always, musical recommendations are offered and this Lesson Plan includes detailed instructions on how to incorporate Next Generation Yoga’s favorite prop, a Hoberman Sphere! Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Powerful Purpose” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can implement and learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 11 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Adventure, Feelings, Yoga Philosophy
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"
- New Lessons Every Month,
- Kids & Family Poses,
- Breathing Exercises,
- Relaxation Techniques,
- Playlists & more!
PDF format, just download & print!