These days, kids lead overscheduled lives more than ever before, and just like adults, they too can get stressed out. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Restorative Yoga” provides a much needed break from the business of everyday life
In “Restorative Yoga,” poses and gentle movements are held for extended periods of time. The intention of this style of Yoga is to achieve deep physical, mental and emotional relaxation. Props, such as Yoga blocks, blankets, bolsters and eye pillows, are used to help achieve a profound state of stillness. The overall tone of the class is quiet, calm and nourishing. This Lesson Plan features an extensive prop list, eye pillow craft, detailed instructions for all Yoga poses and many guided visualizations. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Restorative Yoga” theme into a class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 10 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Family, Holidays, Human Body
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"
- New Lessons Every Month,
- Kids & Family Poses,
- Breathing Exercises,
- Relaxation Techniques,
- Playlists & more!
PDF format, just download & print!