Shape it up!
Shapes are all around us all day, every day. From street signs to food to Yoga poses. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “Shape it up!” is an adventure in geometry that brings shapes to life in a fun and educational way.
Shape it up! for 2-7 year olds features a thematic breathing exercise, detailed prop list, age-appropriate playlist, and sensory-rich content. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “Shape it up!” allows 2-7 year. olds. to explore and learn about shapes in a movement-based way.
Shape it up! for 8-13 year olds features a NEW breathing exercise, detailed prop and playlist, and thematic guided visualization. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “Shape it up!” allows 8-13 year olds. to explore geometry in a movement-based way.
Written by NGY Founder Jodi Komitor and NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Shape it up!” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, these lesson plans are for you and the children in your life any time of the year. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!