The swamp is an important part of our planet’s habitat and there are some silly things found there like snapping turtles and trees with knees! Take a trip to the Louisiana bayou and learn all about the mysterious and magical wetlands that connect sea and land.
Yoga poses, creative movements, meditation prompts, learning points, and breath exercises invite children to learn about various occupations and how they serve others. Theme-specific tunes, options for family and partner poses, a guided relaxation script,and ideas to extend the lesson with other creative activities are also included. This unique lesson plan can be used any time of the year.
This NGY Lesson Plan Includes:
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive, and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
- And a one-page lesson plan “cheat sheet” — a quick guide for handy reference.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!