Life is often non-stop with school, friends, family time, activities, homework and more. Take time to relax and chill out with Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “Sleepytime Yoga.”
“Sleepytime Yoga” was designed to be part of a bedtime routine, but can be enjoyed anytime of day, at home, at school, in a Yoga class or when relaxation is desired. This sequence can be practiced in its entirety or as smaller segments, and can be done on a Yoga mat, on the living room or bedroom floor, or for some parts, in bed! This original NGY Lesson Plan features Yoga poses to calm the nervous system, the sweetest playlist, a journaling exercise and a guided visualization that is sure to lead to a restful night’s sleep. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor, & Senior NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Sleepytime Yoga” theme into a class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 12 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Family, Holidays, Human Body
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"
- New Lessons Every Month,
- Kids & Family Poses,
- Breathing Exercises,
- Relaxation Techniques,
- Playlists & more!
PDF format, just download & print!