Life is often non-stop with school, friends, family time, activities, homework and more. Take time to relax and chill out with Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “Sleepytime Yoga.” This original NGY Lesson Plan was designed to be part of a bedtime routine but can be enjoyed any time of day, at home, at school, in a Yoga class or when relaxation is desired. This sequence can be practiced in its entirety or as smaller segments, and can be done on a Yoga mat, on the living room or bedroom floor, or for some parts, in bed!
Sleepytime Yoga for 2-7 year olds: Features age-appropriate Yoga poses and creative movements to calm the nervous system, a thematic playlist and a guided visualization that is sure to lead to a restful night’s sleep. As always, there are suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class.
Sleepytime Yoga for 8-13 year olds: Features Yoga poses to calm the nervous system, the sweetest playlist, a journaling exercise and a guided visualization that is sure to lead to a restful night’s sleep.
Written by NGY Founder Jodi Komitor and NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Sleepytime Yoga” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds or 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, these lesson plans are for you and the children in your life any time of the year. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!