Did you know that the spine moves in 6 directions?! Experience these movements through Yoga and learn even more fun and fascinating spine facts with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Spine Time!”
“Spine Time” is a combination Yoga class and mini-anatomy lesson. The structure of this and all Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plans taps into multiple learning styles—visual, auditory and kinesthetic—all at the same time, so children are able to easily grasp the ideas and concepts. Complete with a chakra-inspired guided meditation, music recommendations and prop suggestions, “Spine Time” is a sure-to-be favorite class theme that can be taught time and time again! Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Spine Time” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can implement and learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 10 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!