a Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan for ages 2-13
Spring, the season of rising temperatures and new growth, is a special time of year. The days become longer, flowers and plants start to bloom, and animals wake up from hibernation. Say goodbye to Winter and hello to Spring with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “Spring Fling.”
Spring Fling for 2-7 year olds features a detailed prop list, theme-specific playlist and sensory-rich content. This original NGY Lesson Plan educates 2-7 year olds about the season of Spring in a mindful, age-appropriate and movement-based way. As always, there are suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class.
Spring Fling for 8-13 year olds features a special craft activity, detailed prop list, music recommendation, and thematic guided visualizations. This original NGY Lesson Plan educates 8-13 year olds about the season of Spring in a mindful, age-appropriate and movement-based way.
Written by NGY Founder Jodi Komitor and NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Spring Fling” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, these lesson plans are for you and the children in your life any time of the year. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!