Summertime means fun in the Sun, swimming to cool off, going to camp, picking delicious fruit and no school! Don’t you wish you could hold onto this carefree summertime feeling all year long?! Well, now you can! Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Summertime Fun!” delivers the summertime fun that can be shared with 8-13 yr. olds during any season and all year long!
In addition to theme-specific Yoga poses, creative movements, breathing exercises and opportunities for relaxation, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan has step-by-step instructions for creating a community mandala, playing a fun summertime game and meditating around the “camp fire.” Also included are music recommendations, partner poses and a guided visualization from NGY friend Carolyn Clarke of Bambino Yoga. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Summertime Fun!” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 11 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!