Summertime means fun in the sun, picnics, swimming to cool off, eating ice cream, swimming to cool off, going to camp, picking delicious fruit and vacation time! Don’t you wish summer could last all year long?! Well, now it can! Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Summertime Fun!” brings the summertime fun that can be shared during any season.
In addition to theme-specific Yoga poses, creative movements, breathing exercises and opportunities for relaxation, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan has step-by-step instructions for a summertime chant, Yoga games and learning points for summer self-care. Music recommendations, prop ideas and suggestions for how to share this theme in a Family Yoga class are all provided. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Summertime Fun!” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!