The 5 W’s of Yoga
Learn all about the ancient practice of Yoga with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “The 5 W’s of Yoga.” Discover WHAT is Yoga, WHO created Yoga, WHERE Yoga came from, WHEN Yoga started, and WHY we practice Yoga.
Thousands of years ago, the Yogis carefully watched animals and nature to create Yoga poses, breathing exercises & this amazing science. They learned that through Yoga, their body, mind and spirit felt connected and full of joy and peace. This Lesson Plan contains interesting & educational learning points, a special breathing exercises, musical recommendations, guided visualizations and guided meditations. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “The 5 W’s of Yoga” theme into a Kids Yoga class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
This original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan encourages group discussion, which leads to increased participation, socializing, connection and massive learning for children. It is a mini-history lesson within a Yoga class!
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 11 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
Adventure, Animals, Yoga Philosophy