The Great Magnificent Ocean
Turn on your adventurous spirit and curiosity and get ready for a one-of-a-kind experience with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “The Great Magnificent Ocean.” In this Lesson Plan, you and the children you teach will meet common and not so common sea creatures, explore the shallow and deep ocean waters and learn about the ocean’s coral reefs and marine plants.
“The Great Magnificent Ocean” is full of fascinating educational learning points that are of interest for big and little yogis alike. Kid-friendly Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques are included, as well as music recommendations, prop suggestions, creative movement ideas and a thematic game. From talking with beluga whales to observing a giant squid, children have never had so much fun learning about who lives in the ocean waters! Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “The Great Magnificent Ocean” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can implement and learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 10 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
Adventure, Animals, Family