The Great Magnificent Ocean
Explore underwater mountain ranges, deep-sea creatures and the world’s largest coral reef system with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “The Great Magnificent Ocean.” You will feel like you are actually there as you discover unique and fascinating facts about the world’s 5 oceans with such vivid, creative sequencing and descriptions.
“The Great Magnificent Ocean” takes 8-13 yr. olds on a journey like no other. Complete with an ocean-inspired guided meditation, music recommendations and thematic breathing exercises, “The Great Magnificent Ocean” is a movement-based geography and oceanography lesson. Children will walk away from this class feeling their bodies, as well as imaginations, were stretched and expanded. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “The Great Magnificent Ocean” theme into a Kids Yoga class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 11 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
Adventure, Animals, Family