The Great Magnificent Ocean
Turn on your adventurous spirit and curiosity and get ready for a one-of-a-kind experience with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “The Great Magnificent Ocean.” In this Lesson Plan, you and the children you teach will meet common and not so common sea creatures, explore the shallow and deep ocean waters and learn about the ocean’s coral reefs and marine plants.
“The Great Magnificent Ocean” is full of fascinating educational learning points that are of interest to big and little yogis alike. Kid-friendly Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques are included, as well as music recommendations, prop suggestions, creative movement ideas, and a thematic game. From talking with beluga whales to observing a giant squid, children have never had so much fun learning about who lives in the ocean waters! Older children will explore underwater mountain ranges, deep-sea creatures, and the world’s largest coral reef system while discovering unique and fascinating facts about the world’s 5 oceans with such vivid, creative sequencing and descriptions.
Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “The Great Magnificent Ocean” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!