We use our senses – hearing, sight, touch, taste and smell – as well as the body, movement and balance senses, to navigate the world we live in and rarely do we stop to acknowledge and appreciate them. The Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “The Senses” takes the time to pause and appreciate each sense through Yoga poses, mindfulness activities, thematic games and more.
This original NGY Lesson Plan features a mindful eating activity, thematic game and meditation, rockin’ playlist, and explains how to incorporate essential oils into the class. “The Senses” contains easy to follow, step-by-step instructions and as always, there are suggestions to add even more fun to the class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and Senior NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “The Senses” theme into a class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 12 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Family, Holidays, Human Body