a Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan for ages 2-13
We use our senses – hearing, sight, touch, taste and smell – as well as the body, movement and balance senses, to navigate the world we live in and rarely do we stop to acknowledge and appreciate them. The Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “The Senses” takes the time to pause and appreciate each sense through Yoga poses, mindfulness activities, thematic games and more.
These original NGY Lesson Plan. “The Senses” contains easy to follow, step-by-step instructions and as always, there are suggestions for how to enhance and expand the class material. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and Senior NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “The Senses” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll get:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher