There’s No Place Like Om
a Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan for ages 2-13
Life can be very busy, and it is important to slow down and spend time at hOMe. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “There’s No Place Like Om” is all about the things that young children do at home including daily routines, activities, time with loved ones and time alone.
With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “There’s No Place Like Om” features thematic songs, fun props, a Yoga Freeze Dance Party and affirmations to use on and off the mat. This original NGY Lesson Plan teaches 2-7 yr. olds that slowing down and spending time at home is what keeps the body, mind, and heart-healthy and strong. As always, there are Yoga poses, Creative Movements, learning points, guided visualizations, and suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “There’s No Place Like Om” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!