This Land is Your Land
a Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan for ages 2-13
Welcome to America, home of diverse landscapes, extraordinary wild birds and animals, and heroic and creative humans! This Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “This Land Is Your Land” is inspired by the folk song of the same name and brings everyone along for a playful, educational, and informative adventure from sea to shining sea!
This original NGY Lesson Plan features Yoga poses and creative movements to invite kids to learn about America and its different regions. It also includes inspiring tunes, a guided meditation, easy to follow, step-by-step instructions, and as always, suggestions to add even more fun to the class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and NGY Storyteller, Sarah Henderson, “This Land Is Your Land” shows you how to infuse this playful theme into a class specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Over 14 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up and getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, crafts, music, and props
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader