a Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan for ages 2-13
Our toes help us walk, run, balance, dance, stand tall and laugh when they are tickled! The Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “Toega” celebrates these often-overlooked body parts with an entire class dedicated to loving the toes!
These original NGY Lesson Plans features toe-focused Yoga poses and inspiring movements, as well as an art activity. It contains easy to follow, step-by-step instructions for teaching this theme and how to speak about the importance of the toes with theme-specific props and playlists. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Toega” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 or 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, these lesson plans are for you and the children in your life any time of the year. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher