Together We Are One!
Next Generation Yoga loves and believes in our signature chant “Together We are One!” so much so that we created an NGY Lesson Plan all about it! While we may look different on the outside, we are all the same on the inside – full of love and light! Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “Together We are One!” teaches this important concept in an age-appropriate and super fun way.
“Together We are One!” contains 8+ group Yoga poses, a community-building Yoga game and a special Yoga sequence set to one of our favorite children musician’s songs to assist children with connecting to and embodying this concept, on and off the mat. In addition, this NGY Lesson Plan features a thematic closing guided visualization, as well as music and prop recommendations. As always, there are suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Together We are One!” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"