Under the Big Top
The greatest show on Earth has arrived! Learn to juggle, parade with elephants, walk the tightrope and clown around with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “Under the Big Top.”
Inspired by our friends at CircusYoga, this original NGY Lesson Plan features a detailed prop list, playlist of circus music and sensory-rich content. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “Under the Big Top” allows 2-7 yr. olds to experience the circus in a mindfulness-based way.
Inspired by our friends at CircusYoga, this original NGY Lesson Plan features a detailed prop list, playlist of circus music and sensory-rich content. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “Under the Big Top” allows 2-7 yr. olds to experience the circus in a mindfulness-based way. As always, there are suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor, & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Under the Big Top” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll get:
- Over 12 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Animals, Family, Teamwork
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"
- New Lessons Every Month,
- Kids & Family Poses,
- Breathing Exercises,
- Relaxation Techniques,
- Playlists & more!
PDF format, just download & print!