Under the Big Top
a Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan for ages 2-13
The circus is in town! Help construct the circus tent, practice acrobatics, laugh with the clowns and fly on a trapeze with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “Under the Big Top.” Inspired by our friends at CircusYoga, this original NGY Lesson Plan features a theme related prop list, playlist of music and guided visualizations.
Under the Big Top for 2-7 year olds features a detailed prop list, playlist of circus music and sensory-rich content. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “Under the Big Top” allows 2-7 yr. olds to experience the circus in a mindfulness-based way
Under the Big Top for 8-13 year olds features a theme related prop list, playlist of music and guided visualizations. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “Under the Big Top” allows 8-13 year olds the opportunity to experience the circus with mindfulness.
Written by NGY Founder Jodi Komitor and NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Under the Big Top” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, these lesson plans are for you and the children in your life any time of the year. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!