Volcanoes are intriguing and occasionally dangerous natural phenomena. Learn about the Pacific Ring of Fire, explore famous active volcanoes, and practice mindfulness with the original Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “Volcano Yoga.”
Volcano Yoga for 2-7 year olds: Features thematic Yoga poses, sensory-rich Creative Movements, 2 lava-inspired Yoga Games and age-appropriate educational facts. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “Volcano Yoga” allows 2-7 year olds to learn about and experience the wonder of volcanoes. As always, there are suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class.
Volcano Yoga for 8-13 year olds: Features a hot-as-lava playlist, thematic Yoga poses, a listening meditation, a new Yoga Game, and fun educational facts. With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “Volcano Yoga” invites 8-13 yr. olds to learn about and experience the wonder of volcanoes.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, these lesson plans are for you and the children in your life any time of the year. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!