Water is Life
More than half of the Earth’s surface is covered with water. We use this water for drinking, washing, cleaning, cooking and growing food. Water keeps all people, plants, and animals alive and healthy. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “Water is Life” explores the many ways we use water and provides numerous opportunities for children to express love and gratitude for this vital resource.
With easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, “Water is Life” features educational facts, thematic songs, sensory-rich props and a gratitude practice for water to use off the mat. This original NGY Lesson Plan teaches 2-7 yr. olds that water is an important and sacred resource, and that it deserves our respect and appreciation. As always, there are Yoga poses, Creative Movements, guided visualizations and suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor, & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Water is Life” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!