It might be cold outside, but you’ll stay warm with an active Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan, “Winter Animals.” Discover how animals behave during the winter months with this educational and fun lesson plan.
Through traditional Yoga poses and creative movements, children will migrate like a Monarch Butterfly, hibernate like a frog and stay warm like a Snowshoe Rabbit. Theme-appropriate musical recommendations, meditation ideas and a guided visualization help children dive even deeper into the winter animal experience. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis,this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Winter Animals” theme into a Kids Yoga class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Through discovering the fascinating ways animals spend the winter, this original Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan is sure to spark the imagination in a fun and mindful way. This heart and soul-warming practice will keep you warm all winter long!
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 11 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 2-7 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Family, Holidays, Human Body
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"
- New Lessons Every Month,
- Kids & Family Poses,
- Breathing Exercises,
- Relaxation Techniques,
- Playlists & more!
PDF format, just download & print!