It might be cold outside, but you’ll stay warm with an active Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan, “Winter Animals.” Discover how animals behave during the winter months with this educational and fun lesson plan.
Winter Animals for 2-7 year olds: Hibernate like a bear, adapt like a rabbit, and fly south like a bird with kid-friendly Yoga poses and creative movements. Children will experience how animals’ behaviors change during the winter season through fun, educational facts, and age-appropriate craft and family partner poses.
Winter Animals for 8-13 year olds: Through traditional Yoga poses and creative movements, children will migrate like a Monarch Butterfly, hibernate like a frog and stay warm like a Snowshoe Rabbit. Theme-appropriate musical recommendations, meditation ideas, and a guided visualization help children dive even deeper into the winter animal experience.
Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Winter Animals” theme into a Kids Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, these lesson plans are for you and the children in your life any time of the year. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
- NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!
Free Lesson Plan!
Ready to teach kids, but not sure where to start? Get your FREE Kids Yoga Lesson Plan here!"Every Day Mindfulness"