a Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan for ages 2-13
Buy both age groups and save 20%!
Our muscles, bones, organs, glands and other body parts work in interesting and smart ways so that we can live life to the fullest. The human body is AMAZING and the Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “Yoga Anatomy” celebrates what it does for us every single day!
Yoga Anatomy for 2-7 year olds breaks down and explains how the body works in a fun and movement-based way that is sure to appeal to the 2-7 yr. olds in your life. It features Yoga poses, breathing exercises, creative movements and a rockin’ playlist that correspond with the different body systems. As always, there are suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class.
Yoga Anatomy for 8-13 year olds breaks down and explains how the body works in a fun and movement-based way that is sure to appeal to the 8-13 yr. olds in your life. It features Yoga poses, breathing exercises, and Creative Movements that correspond with the different body systems. “Yoga Anatomy” appeals to the anatomy-geek in all of us!
Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Yoga Anatomy” into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, these lesson plans are for you and the children in your life any time of the year. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!