a Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan for ages 2-13
A famous music lover once said, “Music is the soundtrack of our lives” and we couldn’t agree more! Everyone has a rhythm inside of them and Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Yoga Beats” explores how we move our body with our own unique rhythm and how music makes us feel alive. This Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan is sure to reach the top of the charts with music-lovers of all ages!
“Yoga Beats!” features a Yoga game, an extensive list of song recommendations and an engaging way to incorporate sound with creative movement. Prop ideas, a theme-specific breathing exercise and suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class are all included. This Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan is sure to reach the top of the charts with music-lovers of all ages! Written by Next Generation Yoga Founder, Jodi Komitor & Next Generation Yoga Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Yoga Beats” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!