Kids find joy and connection through playing active, whole-body games. More often than not, these games are focused on winning. We believe there is a time and place for competition and that playing games to build community, have fun and develop mindfulness is essential for 8-13 yr. olds. With this philosophy in mind, Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “Yoga Games” was created.
Musical Mats, Telephone and The Listening Game are just a few of the unique Yoga Games found in this original NGY Lesson Plan. “Yoga Games” features easy-to-follow, step-by-step directions, a detailed prop list, musical recommendations and a theme-specific guided visualization. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor & NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Yoga Games” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!