Yoga is NOT Competitive!
On a daily basis, most children participate in activities that are competitive. While a little healthy competition has its perks, there is no place for it in Yoga. Yoga is unique because it is not competitive, not amongst others or our selves! It does not matter how flexible someone is or how long the person next to you can hold a pose because we are all different. Yoga is for everyone and we all reap the same benefits. This powerful concept is woven throughout Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Yoga is NOT Competitive!”
Children participate in mindful, non-competitive and fun Yoga games along with teamwork and supportive group Yoga poses. “Yoga is NOT Competitive!” is complete with upbeat and age-appropriate music suggestions and a detailed prop list. This lesson plan is sure to become a class favorite! Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Yoga is NOT Competitive!” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can implement and learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 11 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
Feelings, Teamwork, Yoga Philosophy