Yoga Makes Us Smarter
a Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan for ages 2-13
Reading, writing, and math make us smarter, and so does Yoga! Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Yoga Makes Us Smarter!” weaves together Yoga and age-appropriate learning to take children and families on a fun and educational journey.
Research shows that Yoga can increase academic performance. From helping children focus to developing fine motor muscles for writing to connecting the left & right sides of the brain for reading and math, the benefits Yoga has on learning are endless. “Yoga Makes Us Smarter!” is suitable for the Yoga studio, classroom, at home and a variety of other settings. This unique Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan can be shared as a 30-45 minute class, or school-based educators will enjoy integrating various parts throughout the school day. The theme-specific Yoga poses, creative movements, breathing exercises and opportunities for relaxation are specifically designed for children’s developing minds and bodies. As always, suggestions to share this theme in a Family Yoga class are provided. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Yoga Makes Us Stronger” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!
There are no reviews yet.