Yoga Makes Us Smarter!
Reading, writing and math make us smarter, and so does Yoga! Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Yoga Makes Us Smarter!” weaves together Yoga and age-appropriate learning to take children and families on a fun and educational journey.
Research shows that Yoga can increase academic performance. From helping children focus to developing fine motor muscles for writing to connecting the left & right sides of the brain for reading and math, the benefits Yoga has on learning are endless. “Yoga Makes Us Smarter!” is suitable for the Yoga studio, classroom, at home and a variety of other settings. This unique Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan can be shared as a 30-45 minute class, or school-based educators will enjoy integrating various parts throughout the school day. The theme-specific Yoga poses, creative movements, breathing exercises and opportunities for relaxation are specifically designed for children’s developing minds and bodies. As always, suggestions to share this theme in a Family Yoga class are provided. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi B Komitor & NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan will show you how to infuse the “Yoga Makes Us Stronger” theme into a Yoga class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can implement and learn something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 11 pages of clear and easy to follow lesson plan appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- A lesson full of yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- Learn the proper yoga flow sequence that is simple to break down so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the poses, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Guidance for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
Adventure, Feelings, Human Body