Yoga Nidra is known as “the sleep of the Yogis” and is considered a form of meditation. While it is not really sleep, practitioners are not fully conscious either. The Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan: “Yoga Nidra” offers 8-13 yr. olds the benefits of a calmer mind, relaxed body and better sleep.
This original NGY Lesson Plan features a structured script appropriate for 8-13 yr. olds and includes 7 steps: (1) Preparation, (2) Intention, (3) Breathing, (3) Tighten & Release, (5) Favorite Color, (6) Integration, and (7) Closing. Additionally, there are instructions to make eye pillows, an album recommendation to compliment the “Yoga Nidra” and prop suggestions. Written by NGY Founder, Jodi Komitor and Senior NGY Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Yoga Nidra” theme into a class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 7 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
This NGY Lesson Plan is suggested for teaching 8-13 yr. olds and may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes. It is in PDF format, easy to download & print!
Family, Holidays, Human Body