Yoga Philosophy: Yamas & Niyamas
The practice of Yoga is much more than poses and breathing exercises. It also consists of the Yamas, or values and personal attitudes, and the Niyamas, or healthy habits to live by. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan: “Yoga Philosophy – Yamas & Niyamas” teaches young children & their families empathy and ways to be kind and loving to themselves and others, not just in Yoga class, but at home, in school and during all life’s activities.
Through Yoga poses and games, thematic songs, a craft and more, “Yoga Philosophy – Yamas & Niyamas” for 2-7 year olds is filled with examples of how to live Yoga off the mat. This original NGY Lesson Plan has easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and as always, there are suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class.
Through Yoga poses and creative movements, a thematic playlist, journaling, as well as a Yoga Game, “Yoga Philosophy – Yamas & Niyamas” for 8-13 year olds is filled with examples of how to live Yoga off the mat. This original NGY Lesson Plan has easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and the concepts can be woven throughout other Yoga classes and beyond.
Written by NGY Founder Jodi Komitor and NGY Teacher Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Yoga Philosophy – Yamas & Niyamas” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, these lesson plans are for you and the children in your life any time of the year. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!