Some of the world’s best athletes practice Yoga. Whether it is doing Yoga poses, meditating, visualizing their performance or a mindfulness practice, they have found that Yoga helps their skill level and how they play the game. Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Yoga Sports” engages children in sports training and game performance through Yoga. This Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan is sure to change the way kids think about and participate in team sports.
“Yoga Sports” features teambuilding Yoga poses, a theme-related game with affirmations, and lessons in mindfulness sprinkled throughout. This Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan includes a specially designed playlist to pump kids up and then help them relax. An introduction to the power of visioning and goal setting is also included. Written by Next Generation Yoga Founder, Jodi Komitor & Next Generation Yoga Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Yoga Sports” theme into a class, specifically designed for 8-13 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- Over 11 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 8-13
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher