Take your Yoga practice out to the … baseball game, soccer field, basketball court and football field! Discover the importance of teamwork, mindfulness, creativity and joy when playing sports with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Yoga Sports.”
The “Yoga Sports” theme is woven throughout this sensory-rich Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan with individual and group Yoga poses, a guided visualization, Yoga game and celebration dance party. Prop and music ideas, theme-specific affirmations and suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class are all included.
Knock it out of the park with this Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan!
Written by Next Generation Yoga Founder, Jodi Komitor & Next Generation Yoga Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Yoga Sports” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 yr. olds.
Whether you are a parent, caregiver, an experienced or new Yoga Teacher, this lesson plan is for you and the children in your life any time of the year. It is thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn and implement something new!
Here’s just some of what you’ll get:
- Over 11 pages of a clear and easy to follow Lesson Plan, appropriate for kids ages 2-7
- Guidance and support for class set-up & getting started
- Confidence to share a complete lesson full of Yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that incorporate: visual imagery, learning points, sensory integration, creative movement and fun stuff such as books, music, props & crafts
- A proper Yoga flow sequence that is simple to breakdown so you can teach sections or the entire lesson from beginning to end
- Complete Pose Pages with straightforward instructions for how to do the postures, along with traditional and kid-friendly pose names, suggestions for the number of times to repeat each pose, and pose benefits
- Suggestions for authentically connecting with kids
- Inspirations for being a creative and innovative Kids Yoga Teacher