Take your Yoga practice out to the … baseball game, soccer field, basketball court and football field! Some of the world’s best athletes practice Yoga. Whether it is doing Yoga poses, meditating, visualizing their performance or a mindfulness practice, they have found that Yoga helps their skill level and how they play the game. This Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan is sure to change the way kids think about and participate in team sports. Discover the importance of teamwork, mindfulness, creativity and joy when playing sports with Next Generation Yoga’s Lesson Plan, “Yoga Sports.”
The “Yoga Sports” theme is woven throughout this sensory-rich Next Generation Yoga Lesson Plan with individual and group Yoga poses, a guided visualization, Yoga game and celebration dance party. Prop and music ideas, theme-specific affirmations and suggestions for how to share this lesson in a Family Yoga class are all included. Concepts for older children include an introduction to the power of visioning and goal setting
Written by Next Generation Yoga Founder, Jodi Komitor & Next Generation Yoga Teacher, Nicole Koleshis, we’ll show you how to infuse the “Yoga Sports” theme into a class, specifically designed for 2-7 and 8-13 year olds.
Whether you are a parent, school-based educator, or an experienced or new yoga teacher, NGY Lesson Plans are for you and the children in your life. They are thoughtfully designed so that everyone can learn something new.
Here’s just some of what you’ll receive:
- A complete lesson plan for 2-7 year olds that may be enjoyed for 30-45 minutes
- A complete lesson plan for 8-13 year olds that may be enjoyed for 45-60 minutes
- An introduction to successfully sharing Kids Yoga with the children in your life, whether you are a parent, caregiver, a school professional, or an experienced or new Kids Yoga Teacher.
- A detailed and easy to follow script for the teacher/leader.
- A complete Kids Yoga class theme and sequence including an introduction to the topic, breathing exercises, a warm-up, an active pose series, a cool down, and a guided meditation and relaxation exercise. The lesson plan theme works, whether taught from beginning to end or in pieces.
- Ideas for activities, props, songs, and more to add to the fun!
- Suggestions for how to relationally connect with children in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Opportunities to teach children through multiple pathways: physical (gross and fine motor), social-emotional, sensory, creative, cognitive and intellectual learning.
- A how-to glossary of poses and breathing exercises used in the lesson plan that includes traditional names plus kid-friendly and/or Sanskrit names when appropriate.
NGY Lesson Plans are delivered electronically in PDF format – easy to download & print or view on a tablet or e-reader!