Frequently asked questions:
This training is for you if:
As a NGY trainee you’ll receive:
- A comprehensive kids yoga and mindfulness PDF manual with resources for classroom success and business development.
- An understanding of the benefits of yoga and mindfulness for kids and an explanation of the developmental needs and typical behavior of ages 2-12.
- Instruction on how to plan, sequence, and execute amazing kids yoga classes and how to include fun extras like art activities, music, props, games, stories, breath work, and relaxation techniques.
- Tips on how to include learning points into your teachings in order to support kids’ educational experiences and invoke their natural curiosities.
- Classroom management techniques when a child doesn’t want to participate, how to change the energy level of a high energy or low energy class, and how to keep everyone safe in class.
- Guidance for how to lead partner yoga to encourage opportunities for cooperation and communication between kids.
Next Generation Yoga offers Yoga Alliance approved trainings and is an approved Registered Children’s Yoga School (RCYS). Current yoga teachers registered with Yoga Alliance as 200 hour RYTs are eligible to earn a 95-hour specialty designation of Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) when they complete the required Next Generation Yoga Teacher Training curriculums. Click here to learn more.
*A desire to become a RCYT is not required in order to participate in any of our certification courses.