This training is SOLD OUT, but you can head on over to our
Teacher Training Schedule to see all of our current trainings!
Playful. Educational. Enlivenling.
This is the Next Generation Yoga Teacher Training for ages 2-12.
Using time-honored yoga practices and modern mindfulness techniques, teacher trainees learn to facilitate creative and educational experiences through a unique methodology that aligns with the developmental needs of children. No prior yoga experience is necessary; we will teach you what you need to know!
Next Generation Yoga Teacher Training for ages 2-12 offers a variety of tools and strategies to empower you to create meaningful kids yoga and mindfulness experiences. Experienced trainers share their own passion for this work as they facilitate a fun and inspiring training curriculum. Trainees are given opportunities to interact and observe, to learn about what works for others, and to develop original strategies to bring benefits of yoga and mindfulness to children.
As a NGY trainee you’ll receive:
- A comprehensive kids yoga and mindfulness manual with resources for classroom success and business development.
- An understanding of the benefits of yoga and mindfulness for kids and an explanation of the developmental needs and typical behavior of ages 2-12.
- Instruction on how to plan, sequence, and execute amazing kids yoga classes and how to include fun extras like art activities, music, props, games, stories, breathwork, and relaxation techniques.
- Tips on how to include learning points into your teachings in order to support kids’ educational experiences and invoke their natural curiosities.
- Classroom management techniques when a child doesn’t want to participate, how to change the energy level of a high energy or low energy class, and how to keep everyone safe in class.
- Guidance for how to lead partner yoga to encourage opportunities for cooperation and communication between kids.
- A chance to watch an experienced NGY teacher in action! Every training has observation classes led by the NGY trainer so students get to see real kids in a real yoga class … the highs, the lows, and everything in between!
Meet your trainer: Cindy Lesher, RYT, RCYT
Cindy is committed to teaching yoga to kids in schools, private homes, libraries, studios, camps and anywhere she can share her passion and purpose. She is registered with Yoga Alliance for completion of a 200-hour RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Evolution Power Yoga (a Baptiste Affiliate Studio) and the 95-hour RCYT (Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher) with Next Generation Yoga . You can also catch Cindy passionately leading Next Generation Yoga Teacher Trainings around the world! Email Cindy with any questions.
Next Generation Yoga offers Yoga Alliance approved trainings and is an approved Registered Children’s Yoga School (RCYS). Current yoga teachers registered with Yoga Alliance as 200 hour RYTs are eligible to earn a 95-hour specialty designation of Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) when they complete the required Next Generation Yoga Teacher Training curriculums. Click here to learn more.
*A desire to become a RCYT is not required in order to participate in any of our certification courses.