June 20th-22nd, 2020: Bexley Yoga (Columbus, OH)
This training is part of the 2020 Teacher Training Immersion at NGY’s Home Studio, Bexley Yoga in Columbus, OH.
Click here for more information and discouts for taking multiple trainings!
Payment Plan Info & Registration
4 easy monthly payments† of just
$173.75 each $148.75 each+ $30 non-refundable supplies fee
*Must be registered by 5/16 to receive the $100 early bird discount
†Standard Payment Plan Details
- Payments are split into 4 equal monthly payments including tuition and applicable payment plan service charges.
- A one-time, non-refundable supplies fee will be applied to your first payment.
- After initial payment, subsequent payment(s) will be automatically charged to the card on file each month.
- There is a $35 fee for late, missed, or declined payments not resolved within 24 hours.
- Certificate of completion will be issued after payment has been made in full.
- Customized payment plans may be available upon request – please email us for more information.
- View our full terms & conditions here.
Full-Time School Employee, Full-Time Student & Military Discount
*$100 early bird discount may not be combined with this discount.
Please email supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the start date of your training. (Certificate of completion will not be issued until supporting documentation has been submitted.)
No additional coupons, sales, or discounts may be used in conjunction with this discount, including, but not limited to: Early Bird Discounts & NGY Grad Discounts. No discounts can be applied retroactively.
- Qualifying Schools: School employee must work at one of these types of schools: public, private, charter, preschool, elementary, middle, high school, or homeschool.
- School Position: School employee may be any of the following: classroom teacher, PE teacher, OT, PT, SLP, school psychologist, administrator or support staff.
- Required Proof: In order to receive the discount select Teacher Trainings, we require proof of employment. A school identification card, recent pay stub, letter from a supervisor or link to a staf bio page on your school website. If you operate a homeschool, a document from the Board of Education stating active accreditation.
- Full-Time Status: Student must be taking a full-time credit course load or a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
- Qualifying Schools: student must be attending middle, high school, college or graduate school.
- Required Proof: In order to receive 50% off on select Teacher Trainings, we require proof of full-time student status including: school identification along with a copy of current courses or a letter from advisor stating full-time student status.
- Eligibility: Military discounts are available in the U.S. to all active duty military personnel, reservists, retired or disabled veterans and their dependents.
- Required Proof: In order to the discount off on select Teacher Trainings, we require proof of military service including: active military identification, a state-issued identification card that reflects your status as a veteran, or a Veterans ID Card.
Using time-honored yoga practices, modern mindfulness techniques, and best practices from adaptive, accessible, and inclusive approaches, teacher trainees learn to facilitate creative and educational experiences through a unique methodology that aligns with the developmental and social needs of these special populations. No prior experience in either yoga or working with diverse groups is necessary; we will teach you what you need to know!
Next Generation Yoga Teacher Training for Disabilities and Differences offers a variety of tools and strategies to empower you to create meaningful yoga and mindfulness experiences. Experienced trainers share their own passion for this work as they facilitate a fun and inspiring training curriculum. Trainees are given opportunities to interact and observe, to learn about what works for others, and to come up with original ideas for sharing the wonder of yoga and mindfulness with these groups.
As a trainee of this course you’ll receive:
- A comprehensive yoga and mindfulness manual with resources for yoga class/session success and business development.
- An understanding of the benefits of yoga and mindfulness and detailed explanations of various diagnoses and how to support these individuals with mind-body practices.
- Instruction on how to plan, sequence, and execute amazing yoga classes and how to include fun extras like art activities, music, props, games, stories, breath work, and relaxation techniques.
- Techniques for when a student doesn’t want to participate, how to change the energy level of a high energy or low energy class, and how to keep everyone safe in class.
- Guidance for how to facilitate individual sessions/private lessons.
- Access to videos of kids yoga classes led by master teachers so students get to see real kids in real yoga classes … the highs, the lows, and everything in between
Meet Your Trainer: Sarah Henderson, E-YRT
Sarah began her professional life in disability services for kids and families. In 2010, she made what she thought was a career switch and became a yoga teacher. But soon she found herself training to become a Kids Yoga teacher, then an adaptive and accessible yoga teacher. Known for her imaginative teaching that bring stories and healthy living principles to life through yoga and mindfulness practices, Sarah is passionate about teaching kids of all ages and abilities to connect with themselves and others through movement and meditation. In addition to her role as a trainer for NGY, she also authors NGY’s monthly lesson plans for ages 2-12.
Learn more about Sarah here.
Next Generation Yoga offers Yoga Alliance approved trainings and is an approved Registered Children’s Yoga School (RCYS). Current yoga teachers registered with Yoga Alliance as 200 hour RYTs are eligible to earn a 95-hour specialty designation of Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) when they complete the required Next Generation Yoga Teacher Training curriculums. Click here to learn more.
*A desire to become a RCYT is not required in order to participate in any of our certification courses.